CAP5415 - Computer Vision
TUESDAY/THURSDAY 12:00 - 13:15
Prof. Mubarak Shah
Office Hours: Tue 13:15-14:00 Thu 11:00-12:00
Email: shah at eecs.ucf.edu
HEC-254 (Computer Vision Lab)
Phone (Vision Lab): 407-823-4733
Office Hours: Mon 16:00-17:00 Wed 12:00-13:00
Email: berkansolmaz at yahoo.com
The course is introductory level. It will cover the basic topics of
computer vision, and introduce some fundamental approaches for computer
* Image Filtering, Edge Detection, Interest Point Detectors
* Motion and Optical Flow
* Region Segmentation
* Object Detection and tracking
* Line and Curve Detection
* Shape Analysis
* Imaging Geometry, Camera Modeling and Calibration
Programming Assignments: 40%
Mid-Term Exam: 20%
Final Exam: 30%
90 - 100 = A;
80 - 89 = B;
70 - 79 = C;
- Programming will be in MATLAB.
- You are not supposed to use MATLAB code from the web, written by someone else.
- Everything has to be written by yourself except the standard Matlab functions.
- There will be a tutorial on MATLAB on Thursday, August 25 in the class.
PrerequisitesA good background in calculus, geometry, linear algebra, programming in MATLAB or C.
The University Golden Rules will be observed in this class. Copying or Plagiarism is violation of the Golden Rules.
Leading Journals and Conferences in Computer Vision
Some other Links